Have you identified a native species not recorded on the Flora range map in your county? Or a species, potentially invasive, that is not found in the App? The Flora of Virginia relies on Virginia Botanical Associates to gather and publish this data from recognized herbaria, visit the Digital Atlas of the Virginia Flora to learn what and how to submit data for new records.
Read the Digital Atlas page noted above carefully, you will be required to submit a dry-pressed specimen with detailed information about location, landscape position, and associate community to an herbarium. Following is a list of the primary herbaria in Virginia:
- Bridgewater College Herbarium
- George Mason University Ted R. Bradley Herbarium
- James Madison University Herbarium
- Longwood University Harvill-Stevens Herbarium
- Lord Fairfax Community College Herbarium
- Lynchburg College Ramsey-Freer Herbarium
- Old Dominion University Herbarium
- Radford University Herbarium
- Randolph-Macon College Herbarium
- University of Richmond Herbarium
- Virginia Military Institute Herbarium
- Virginia Tech Massey Herbarium
- William and Mary Herbarium (WILLI)
Please report potential rare species sitings to The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) Natural Heritage Program.